COLOUR SHADES – OVERVIEW
- Mixing System: C-MIX 2000 12 colour shades for mixing of RAL, PMS and HKS colours. In ZGM range with especially high colour intensity. Further information in the section “Choice of Pigments”.
- Opaque: Standard HD Highly opaque colour shades.
- Bronzes: MG Gold, silver and copper shades.
- Special colour shades are available upon request.
- More information about available colour shades in the detailed tables in section Colour Shades.
CHOICE OF PIGMENTS AND LIGHT FASTNESS
Colour shades of ZGM ink range contain pigments with a high light fastness. Light fastness and weather resistance will reduce if thinner layers are applied or if base colours are mixed with a high ratio of white or varnish.
Due to the binders (epoxy resin) ZGM inks are not weather resistant. They are suitable for indoor and short-term outdoor applications.
- ZGM C-MIX 2000 colours with extra high colour density: The transparent or semi-transparent C-MIX 2000 colours of ZGM have about 50% higher pigmentation than the usual C-MIX 2000 shades. Therefore, very brilliant colours with a high intensity can be achieved, especially on transparent substrates such as glass or PMMA. If required, a mixture of 2 parts of C-MIX 2000 colour with 1 part varnish ZGM/E50 or ZGM/E50-MT (matt varnish) will result in the usual C-MIX 2000 colour density.
ADJUSTMENT FOR SCREEN PRINTING
- Screen printing inks ZGM are not supplied in a ready-to-print adjustment. Note: To avoid any undesirable introduction of aromatics, butyl glycolate or cyclohexanone only use the below-mentioned thinners, retarders and additives.
- 2-component inks ZGM have to be mixed with hardener at a specified ratio prior to processing.
- Thinner is added after addition of hardener.
- The mixed ink should be allowed to pre-react for approx. 15 minutes prior to processing (recommendation).
- Processing is then possible for a specified period of time (=pot life).
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE AND TECHINICAL DATA SHEET FOR MORE DETAILS